Please join us in celebrating our amazing successes in 2012:
We have Completed Eight Projects:
- Mammoth Hospital, Mammoth, CA – Designer Nicole Cavanaugh
- Aria Cancer Center, Philadelphia PA – Designer Cora Sue Anthony
- Camden Clark Foundation Hospital, Parkersburg, WV – Designers Amy Ocasio, Tami Brady
- Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, CA – Designers: Marsha Heckman, Michele Dugan, Shelly Pintabona, Kristi Sandford, JoAnn Hartley, Ashley Jenkins, Rachael Gingold, Kelly Berg
- Maternity Hospital, San Salvador, El Salvador – Designer Kimball Starr
- The Cancer Institute of San Salvador – Designer Nicole Facciato
- Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City CA – Designer Jamie Belew
- Dr Stephen Hufford’s Office 2012 San Francisco, CA – Designers Kay Flemming, Alison Davin
We have reached 150,000 patient visits per year by transforming 99 individual rooms with a total of 220 patient chair/beds, each project involves hundred of volunteers including designers who donate all their time and expertise to the project they host. They also bring with them, talented teams to help get the job done, supporters that volunteer time and materials, and local community that participate by providing meals, accommodations and air flights.
Four Projects going into the New Year:
- Children’s Day Hospital Oakland, Oakland CA – Designer Marsha Heckman
- Children’s Hospital Oakland, Oakland, C – Designer Cora Sue Anthony
- St. Francis Hospital, San Francisco CA – Designer Marsha Heckman
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View CA – Designers to be announced
Fabulous Volunteers: Project Managers: Amy Ocasio – Artist/East Coast Project Coordinator, Marsha Heckman – Designer/San Francisco Bay Area Project Coordinator, Nicole Cavanaugh – Designer/Southern California Project Coordinator and Regina Cabrero – San Salvador, El Salvador.
Volunteer Advisory Board: Allaire Linebarger, Mario Ballard, Jennifer Hershon, Taylor Watts, Taylor Gill and Michael Shaw.
HGTV Celebrity Cora Sue Arnold has joined us as a RTR4C designer. She brings with her the talent and generosity of her team including: Andres Torres – Assistant/Photographer, Amy Ocasio – Team Manger, Wes Conventry – Carpenter and Nate Wood Producer.
A big thank you to all that have supported and cared for us at RoomsThatRock4Chemo. Each one of you makes an amazing difference and together we will create lovely, soothing and hopeful chemotherapy rooms everywhere including our 2012 Sponsors, Serenity MedSpa, Home Depot/Philadelphia, The Beverly Fund, The SkyFactory, DaliDecals and Cutting Edge Stencils. We are grateful for all the help, support and encouragment we have received this year, and look forward to a new year where at least 8 x 8 facilities will be turned into rooms that rock 4 chemo.
As Susan G Komen told her sister Nan, “Something has to be done with these rooms!”
Wishing you and yours a Happy, Hopeful, Warm and Healthy Holiday Season and New Year!